Sunday, January 19, 2014

google doesn't provide official google drive client so how to proceed?

For me and it a problem that Google has no client for Google drive on Linux.

Firstly I have tried insync. Company offers licence for 15 dollars for one Google account. But before buy you can try 15 days trial. The software is cool, at least so good as official windows Google drive client. But my trial ended so I had looked for some free solution.

I have found Grive. It is command line tool. You can sync with
"grive -a"
command. In console there will be outputted url, you have to open it, allow permissions to grive app in your Google account. On next step you will receive long token. That token you have to use back in command line and syncing process will start.I dislike that sync is not done automatically, use have to get token a put it back to grive to continue.


No comments: